It must be in Southern California
It must be related to history or vintage
It must be open to the general public with
our without admission fee.
Examples of included events
- A Ragtime ball
- A Victorian dance class
- A Civil War battle reinactment
- A lecture on the westward migration
- A concert of 19th Century popular music
- A historical costume workshop
Criteria for exclusion
Not in Southern California
A "members only" event
Weekly recurring events (monthly okay)
Museum exhibitions (special events okay)
Renaissance faires and SCA events.
Film festivals and most theatrical productions.
Civic festivals with a tenuous historical
Dance or music events that reflect a "living
tradition" rather than a historical
Examples of excluded events
- A Scottish Country Dance ball.
- A swing dance if it is "swing revival"
rather than historically authentic swing.
- A battle reinactment where the public
- A weekly dance at a 1940s night club.
- A concert of bluegrass music.
- The "Frontier Days" city parade.